I understand that unanticipated events occur. Car problems, traffic considerations, business meetings, and project deadlines affect our daily lives and can interfere with a massage appointment. In my commitment to provide an outstanding massage experience to all of my clients and out of consideration for my own time, I have adopted the following policies and procedures:
YOUR MASSAGE APPOINTMENT
Please be available for your appointment 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Your massage therapist will arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your appointment start time in order to set up your massage space and allow time for a consultation and for you to complete any new client forms.
If late arrival is inevitable, your service may be shortened in order to keep on schedule. The original treatment time will be charged.
SICK AND ILLNESS POLICY
I understand that time to time we all get sick. I have adopted the following policy for sickness/illness. In an effort to maintain a healthy environment, I ask that if you are sick (which includes a cold i.e. sneezing, coughing, tickle in throat, a fever, the flu, etc.) or have the onset of symptoms of an illness that you reschedule your appointment. If you arrive for your appointment with symptoms of an illness, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment. This is for your well being as well as the health of me, your therapist, and your fellow clients.
Receiving a massage when you are sick is not advised. While in the early and acute stages of a cold, the flu or other illness, a massage can accelerate the onset of the infection and intensify its severity (via additional circulation of blood & lymph). If you get a massage after the infection has peaked, you may experience a relapse of symptoms and feel sick again. Please wait until you have been well for at least 2 full days before getting your massage. If you do need to cancel your appointment, please contact me (515-554-0630) ASAP and I will be happy to reschedule your appointment for a time when you are feeling better.
If illness comes on suddenly and you are not able to adhere to Whit's End Massage 24-hour Cancellation Policy, please contact me immediately; we'd much rather let you heal and keep everyone healthy. I have many prenatal clients and immune-challenged clients - as well as many medical professionals and teachers! - so let's all take care of each other! If you are questioning how you feel, please check with me at (515) 554-0630.
* If I am sick I will contact you ASAP to reschedule your appointment. If we all work together to keep us healthy, then we can all get massages.
Please provide 24 hours notice if you need to reschedule or cancel a treatment. This gives me enough time to fill the appointment.
LATE ARRIVAL POLICY
Unfortunately we cannot always provide late arrivals with an extension of scheduled appointments. In special cases we may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment. This will be at my discretion and only with proper, advanced notification of your late arrival. The full service fee will be charged. Call Me, let me know that your going to be late.
NO SHOW POLICY
Upon finding that a client is absent from their appointment, I will attempt to contact the client, and will remain at the appointment for 15 minutes. After this time the appointment will be considered a "no show" and the client will be charged the full fee for the service scheduled and will be asked to pre-pay for future services.
Prior to each massage session, the treatment plan will be discussed with you. At your first visit with me, you will receive a copy of the massage therapy policies and will be asked to sign the consent stating that you have read the information, understand it, and agree to comply with the professional massage therapy policies and procedures. Clients who I have not seen for at least a year will also be asked to fill out this form.
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
- Whitney Hilliard is a licensed professional and held to the highest standards of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA).
- Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client.
- Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor's supervision. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
RESPECT FOR CLIENT NEEDS AND BOUNDARIES
- Whitney is happy to adjust pressure, temperature, musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
- The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to leave; the therapy door is never locked.
- The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped. The clients will be kept informed of the area to be massaged.
- Occasionally, an emotional response to massage occurs. If this happens, it is ok to express the feelings in our safe, nonjudgmental environment - or you may request privacy and end the session. You are in control.
- Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
- The breast and genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained. Also, low back, hip & gluteal area will be massaged only with permission and can be worked through the draping if requested.
- Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate. On rare occasions an involuntary sensual response to massage is natural and will subside on its own in a few moments.
- I don't massage anyone under the age of 18 unless parental or guardian is present.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONVERSATION
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
- I'm happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise. I prefer to not discuss topics of a political, private or sexual nature.
EXISTING AND NEW MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued.
- The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.
- For clients who are pregnant or undergoing chemo and radiation therapies, please note that I require a doctor's note that states the doctor is aware of and agrees to the desired treatment.