Pediatric Massage Information
Pediatric Massage Notes to know
Pediatric Massage if fairly new to the United States within the last 8 years. With Pediatric massage it helps your child relax, communicate better with you, teachers and others. It teaches you different signs to watch for when your child is stressed or even anxious.
Top 5 Benefits for Pediatric Massage
- Promotes better sleeping patterns
- Balances respiration
- Improves blood circulation
- Improves communication
What to bring and understand for your child's session
- Your child is boss of the session. We will not force a child into liking or tolerating a massage.
- Parents will be present during massage session.
- Children will be fully clothed during session. Suggested to wear loose clothing during session.
- Bring a favorite stuffed animal or toy to demonstrate on first, so child feels comfortable.
- Terminology such as "touch and rub" may be used during session.
- Bring juice or water or small snack is okay for child to drink after massage session.